Pavilion has been crafting furniture for over half a century at our headquarters in Miami Lakes. While others see the outdoors as an escape from everyday life, we see the outdoors as the way to prevent life from escaping us.
We are craftsmen, designers and visionaries inspired by our city’s range and dynamic use of space. We are influenced by classic design principles you may find at Art Basel, blended with the vibrant street art you may find on the graffiti murals at The Wynwood Art District.
Curious by nature, we see the outdoors as our very own playground. A place to satisfy our hunger for experimentation. A blank canvas where meaningful products are designed to activate deliberate moments in what we often describe as our busy lives. We call them moments of wonder. We are Pavilion and we are more than a furniture company.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the engineering and manufacturability of all new, existing, and custom products. A proven leader who can drive results through precise project management and prioritization across multiple projects. Collaborate effectively with other key stakeholders in sales, product development, accounting, supply chain, and production to ensure consistent communication and outputs are aligned with the overall vision and strategy of the company. We’re looking for someone with a successful track record managing a team of product engineers, maintaining product data (Bill of Materials), establishing/refining engineering standards, as well as implementing products into a factory setting. Experience with product engineering (furniture), material knowledge (aluminum, steel, foam, fabric/upholstery), sourcing, and product testing of high-end products is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the product development team during the design process to provide engineering solutions for the manufacturability and assembly of new products.
- Partners with sales, production, and PD to oversee the engineering of custom products. Must be able to identify manufacturing feasibility and profitability. Provides alternative solutions to ensure the highest probability of winning projects. The ability to communicate with sales leadership to explain solutions is critical.
- Responsible for setting up manufacturing processes including fixtures, equipment, and training on new product launches and custom product solutions.
- Oversees product testing for all standard and custom products.
- Owns all product data and cost setup/maintenance in Pavilion’s ERP system.
- Ability to analyze the engineering documentation process Including 3D data, 2D drawings, cut lists, BOMs, cost builds, etc. to identify and implement improvements for efficiency and clarity in the office and on the factory floor.
- Manages a team of mechanical engineers, draftspersons, and product technicians.
- Monitors and evaluates workflow and assembly methods for all products. Must be able to make recommendations for process improvements and cost savings.
- Responsible for interpreting labor information as it relates to a product. Must be able to identify inefficiencies, provide guidance to production and ensure that BOMs (costs) are accurately maintained.
- Owns the product change request and product change notification process (PCR/PCN) to ensure that any engineering changes are warranted, structurally sound, and cost-effective.
- Responsible for supporting quality assurance policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, supporting every department concurrently. The ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities is critical to success.
- Communicates well with internal and external partners to provide clarity and project deadlines to drive deliverables.
Education and Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field with at least 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of product engineering experience in furniture manufacturing or a similar field.
- 3+ years in an organizational leadership or management role preferred (but not required).
- Extensive experience and track record of achievement working with product development, production, and engineering teams.
- Understanding of product bills of materials (BOMs) creation and maintenance.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and manufacturing processes, including LEAN Manufacturing.
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret engineering drawings.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to anticipate and plan for the long-term while achieving near-term objectives.
- High proficiency in SolidWorks 3D modeling, developing 2D drawings, and creating complex 3D assemblies. (or similar software)
- Experience with SolidWorks design tables in assemblies and drawings and an understanding of EPDM/Doc-Vault is a plus. (or similar software)
- Proven ability to create and form relationships with management.
- Prior experience managing multiple projects while making ROI based priority decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams.
- Excellent presentation and written business communication skills; ability to lead meetings internally and externally.
PAVILION is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are to be treated equally with the same rights and privileges with respect to recruiting, hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, separations, compensation, and benefits regardless of their age, race, color, creed, religion, or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy-related status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, where the individual is otherwise qualified, or any other category protected by applicable law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.